Thanks for your interest in working for the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition. We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Government Relations Manager
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented professional for the position of Government Relations Manager. The Government Relations Manager will join a talented and high-performing team responsible for USGLC’s outreach to Capitol Hill and the Administration about the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective International Affairs Budget. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Support USGLC’s Budget Related Advocacy Activities. Work with Government Relations teammates to develop and execute strategies to strengthen USGLC’s advocacy around the International Affairs Budget. Activities include:
- Coordinating with coalition members on budget advocacy-related activities;
- Drafting related materials for internal and external audiences;
- Assisting with scheduling, logistical, and other support for related meetings and events.
- Advocacy and Engagement with Congress. Work with Government Relations teammates to maintain and grow congressional support for the International Affairs Budget and relevant global development legislation. Activities include:
- Developing relationships with House and Senate offices;
- Assisting in planning and execution of Capitol Hill lobby days and events;
- Preparing written materials for both internal and external audiences (talking points, draft letters, event memos, fact sheets);
- Monitoring congressional hearings and track legislation and briefings.
- Research and Analysis. Track and analyze relevant budget, legislative, and policy initiatives. Activities include:
- Assisting in tracking and analysis of International Affairs Budget throughout budget and appropriations process;
- Preparing written materials for both internal and external audiences (legislative summaries, budget analysis, fact sheets, talking points).
At a minimum, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in public policy, government relations, foreign policy, international relations or a similar subject. Given the importance of building congressional support for the U.S. International Affairs Budget and programs, this position requires 3-5 years of experience in government relations, including knowledge of Capitol Hill and an understanding of the federal budget and appropriations process. Congressional or campaign experience is a plus. Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills are required. Limited travel is expected.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
About the USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a civilian-led approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference “Government Relations Manager” in the subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
We offer fall, spring, and summer internship opportunities in communications, government relations, national outreach, and policy.