The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced Field Associate to expand our network of influential business, national security, humanitarian and foreign policy leaders that support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world. The Field Associate will work with Regional Field Managers and Directors to expand the USGLC’s state-based coalitions to support our educational and advocacy efforts. The position will report to the Deputy National Outreach Director and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Assist and support Regional Field Managers and Directors in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states.
- Expand grasstop network in states by assisting in identification and recruitment of influential business, civic, military, academic and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Support engagement of USGLC’s state networks and assist in execution of small and large education events and programs; and on-going communications.
- Schedule and organize in-district meetings with USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Coordinate state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for internal and external consumption in support of field activities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- One plus years of experience in a political campaign and/or issue-advocacy setting.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, writing, organizing and training skills.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically on a frequent basis.
Please email cover letter and resume to Derek Gianino at email@example.com. Please reference “Field Associate” in the email subject. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Senior Communications Manager
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is seeking an experienced, forward-thinking communications professional to create content for and to manage compelling outreach efforts that amplify the importance of America’s engagement in the world and effectiveness of U.S. international affairs programs. This individual will assist in advancing our organization’s agenda, increasing the USGLC’s message and visibility, and expanding our constituency through active engagement with our community and with media.
The right candidate will have excellent communication skills, a broad media background, and a proven track record in producing convincing written materials in a variety of voices. This is a new position on the Public Affairs team that will work across departments to produce content on deadline while ensuring accuracy and maintaining consistency in style. A successful candidate for this position is an accomplished writer with experience working in government, non-profits, journalism, or related fields. Knowledge of international affairs is essential; experience working in this area is a significant plus. The Senior Communications Manager will report to the Public Affairs Director and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Create original messaging materials. Work with senior staff and communications team to develop compelling, timely and customized materials for media and content for an array of sophisticated audiences in Washington and across the United States.
- Write and edit external communications. Draft and edit media releases, media advisories, op-eds, email and blogs for theme-based and event-driven campaigns.
- Create content for digital outreach. Draft blog posts and content for email campaigns that are targeted for varied constituencies.
- Support senior management. Help prepare talking points in close coordination with the Public Affairs Director, deputy directors, and directors across the USGLC.
- Draft collateral materials. Draft and edit issue briefs, one-pagers, fact sheets, and publications.
- Prepare pitches for local and national media. Create attention-grabbing media pitches in a clear and compelling manner. Assist in the development and implementation of news-focused communication campaigns and media outreach.
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in media or communications with a broad portfolio of work.
- Experience in writing, editing, and managing the distribution of content for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability in creating quality materials in multiple formats under time pressure, and handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Highly versatile and able to pivot from writing news releases to nuanced op-eds on complicated public policy topics.
- Strong collaboration skills; experience working with people from diverse backgrounds. A flexible team player who shares responsibility and credit alike.
- Experience in digital communications.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave, and federal holidays.
Please email cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Lynne Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Senior Communications Manager” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Digital Communications Associate
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is looking for a Digital Communications Associate with experience that goes beyond social media. As part of a lean communications team of six, you’ll support the digital communications manager in conceptualizing, building, and implementing strategies to advance the organization’s positions on U.S. foreign assistance.
As a digital native, you get excited about more than just microcontent. You’ve braved the learning curve of digital formats from hard code to graphic design, which gives you a well-rounded understanding of what’s possible in this space.
What You’ll Do
- Content Curation: Write headlines, edit content, and optimize for shareability. Repurpose traditional content for web.
- Event Support: Manage products in the lifecycle of an event, from invitations and signup forms to emails and photo albums.
- Graphic Design: Make flyers, design sharegraphics, and help guide consultants on bigger projects.
- Social Media: Maintain a content calendar, promote our work, and engage with our community.
- Web: We’re overhauling our website. Post content, fix what’s broken, and find patterns in Google Analytics.
What We’re Looking For
- A creative. Someone who challenges the rules and fights for good ideas.
- Grit. Someone who turns ambiguity into action plans and builds good products under tight deadlines.
- Two to four years working on digital. Firm experience a plus.
- Some combination of HTML, Adobe Master Suite, email design, photo, & video experience, and eagerness to be trained on the rest. Your duties will be somewhat flexible depending on your dominant skillsets.
- Experience in a CMS, CRM, and/or ESP. We’re powered by WordPress, Convio, and Salesforce.
Competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications. We also provide a benefits package, including health insurance, a retirement plan, paid leave, and all federal holidays.
Send a cover letter, resume, and some samples of your work to Jonathan Ewing at email@example.com with Digital Communications Associate in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.
We offer fall, spring, and summer internship opportunities in communications, government relations, national outreach, and policy.