Thanks for your interest in working for the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition. We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Outreach Assistant – Field
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an Outreach Assistant to work with the Outreach Team to expand the USGLC’s state-based coalitions to support our educational and advocacy efforts. The position will report to the National Outreach Director and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Assist and support Regional Field Managers and Directors in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states.
- Expand grasstop network in states by assisting in identification and recruitment of influential business, civic, military, academic and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Support engagement of USGLC’s state networks and assist in execution of small and large education events and programs; and on-going communications.
- Schedule and organize in-district meetings with USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Coordinate state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for internal and external consumption in support of field activities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- One plus years of experience in a political campaign and/or issue-advocacy settin
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy effort
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, as well as organizing and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to draft language that effectively communicates complex issues to a broad audience.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database is preferred.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communit
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically as needed.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
About the USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a civilian-led approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
Please email cover letter and resume to Carey Campbell at email@example.com. Please reference “Outreach Assistant” in the subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
We offer fall, spring, and summer internship opportunities in communications, government relations, national outreach, and policy.