The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking experienced and energetic Outreach Assistants to join the Outreach Team. This position will work with our team in the Heartland or the Western Region to expand the USGLC’s state-based coalitions to support our educational and advocacy efforts. The position will report to the regional Outreach Director, and be based in Washington, D.C.
At USGLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among staff, volunteers, partners, and programs.
- Assist and support Regional Field Managers and Directors in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states.
- Expand grasstop network in states by assisting in identification and recruitment of influential business, civic, military, academic and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Support engagement of USGLC’s state networks and assist in execution of small and large education events and programs; and on-going communications.
- Schedule and organize in-district meetings with USGLC’s state leaders and policymakers.
- Coordinate state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for internal and external consumption in support of field activities.
- Other duties as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field preferred, but not required. An equivalent amount of experience in a similar function may be substituted for educational qualifications.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a political campaign and/or issue-advocacy setting.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and interest of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, as well as organizing and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to draft language that effectively communicates complex issues to a broad audience.
- Experience with Quorum or similar databases is preferred.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically as needed.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders across the country that support strategic investments in diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please reference “Outreach Assistant” in the email subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.