- Trade supported 2,502,500 jobs in 2013, or 23% of total jobs.
- In 2013, 61,489 companies exported goods from Florida. Small- and medium-sized enterprises with fewer than 500 employees made up 95% of total Florida exporters in 2013.
- In 2013, 260,800 people in Florida were employed by affiliates of companies that are at least 50% foreign-owned.
Exports and Growth
- Florida exported $53.8 billion in goods to foreign markets in 2015. Florida's larget markets in 2015 were:
- Canada ($3.9 billion)
- Brazil ($3.7 billion)
- Mexico ($2.7 billion)
- Colombia ($2.5 billion)
- Venezuela ($2.0 billion)
- Agricultural exports are important to Florida's' economy, totaling over $3.5 billion in 2014, according to the USDA.
- Since 2011, the U.S. Export-Import Bank has financed $7 billion in exports from 663 companies in 117 communities in Florida.
- Since 1971, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation has invested $2.1 billion in Florida companies for overseas investment.
Education and Research
- In 2013-2014, 11,084 Florida students studied abroad.
- During 2015, 39,377 international students were enrolled in Florida colleges and universities and contributed $1.2 billion to the Florida economy.
- Since 1961, 7,842 Peace Corps volunteers from Florida have served in dozens of countries overseas.