The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced, energetic, and personable professional to lead our engagement in the Northeast as Outreach Manager. The Outreach Manager will join a high-performing team responsible for USGLC’s outreach work outside of the Beltway on the importance of U.S. global leadership and strong and effective development and diplomatic programs. This position will report to the Deputy National Outreach Director – East.
At USGLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion among staff, volunteers, partners, and programs.
- Expand grasstops network in USGLC’s strategic states of Delaware, Maine, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Virginia by recruiting influential business, civic, military, academic, and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Deliver strategic input for the Northeastern region based on the overall USGLC outreach strategy.
- Engage, recruit and host large educational events within the designated network of states.
- Develop communication and engagement strategies to effectively amplify USGLC’s voice.
- Organize in-district meetings with elected officials for engagement of USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Organize educational meetings with Congressional candidates across the northeastern United States.
- Mobilize state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Speak at local events about the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective International Affairs Budget.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or a related field.
- Two to four years of experience in a political campaign, grasstops community organizing, and/or an issue-advocacy setting.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to create and deliver presentations before high-profile audiences.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable, with experience preferred in northeastern states.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, writing, organizing, and training skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically on a frequent basis (when appropriate, based on health and safety guidelines).
- Knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please reference “Outreach Manager – Northeast” in the subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.