The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced, energetic, personable and articulate professional to lead our engagement as the Outreach Manager for the South. The Outreach Manager will join a talented and high-performing team responsible for USGLC’s outreach work outside of the beltway on the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective development and diplomatic programs. This position will report to the Deputy National Outreach Director – Eastern Region.
- Expand grass-top network in USGLC’s strategic states of Florida, Georgia, and Alabama by identifying and recruiting influential business, civic, military, academic, and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Provide thoughtful strategic input for the Southern region based on the overall USGLC outreach strategy.
- Engage, recruit and host large educational events within the designated network of states. Develop communication and engagement strategies to effectively amplify USGLC’s voice.
- Organize in-district meetings with elected officials for engagement of USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Organize educational meetings with Congressional candidates across the southern United States.
- Mobilize state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Speak at local events about the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective International Affairs Budget.
- Indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or a related field.
- Two to four years of experience in a political campaign, grass-tops community organizing, and/or an issue-advocacy setting.
- Outstanding public speaking skills and ability to create and deliver presentations before high-profile audiences.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable, with experience preferred in southern states.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, writing, organizing, and training skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically on a frequent basis (when appropriate, based on health and safety guidelines).
- Knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please reference “Outreach Manager- South” in the subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including medical insurance at no cost to staff, disability insurance, paid parental leave, a retirement plan, a public transportation benefit, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays and a number of other benefits.
ABOUT THE USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a bipartisan, broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.