The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented professional for the position of Government Relations Manager. The Government Relations Manager will join a talented and high-performing team responsible for USGLC’s outreach to Capitol Hill on the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective International Affairs Budget. The Manager will support the Deputy Director and Director in executing USGLC’s government relations strategies. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Assisting in tracking and analysis of the International Affairs Budget throughout the budget and appropriations process;
- Coordinating and communicating with coalition members on budget advocacy-related activities;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Congressional staff and Members;
- Assisting in planning and execution of virtual or in-person Capitol Hill advocacy days and events;
- Preparing written materials for both internal and external audiences (talking points, draft letters, event memos, fact sheets);
- Providing management and strategic support, including developing timelines for the team and reporting on multiple workstreams;
- Communicating effectively with GR team and acting as a liaison with other teams to achieve cross-cutting organizational priorities;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in government relations, foreign policy, global development or a related field.
- Direct work experience or strong understanding of Capitol Hill and the federal budget and appropriations process is a plus;
- Ability to build relationships with legislative offices and strategic partners; skilled at establishing and cultivating strong, long-term relationships;
- Strong analytical writing, legislative research, and effective communication skills;
- Possess a keen attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-moving and exciting political and policy environment;
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects at once, handling tasks expeditiously and proactively;
- Limited travel (when appropriate, based on health and safety guidelines) and some public speaking is expected.
Please email resume, cover letter and two writing samples to [email protected]. Please reference “Government Relations Manager” in the subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including medical insurance at no cost to staff, disability insurance, paid parental leave, a retirement plan, a public transportation benefit, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays and a number of other benefits.
ABOUT THE USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a bipartisan, broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.