The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced Eastern Outreach Assistant to work with the Outreach Team – and specifically with our team in the Eastern Region – to expand and deepen the USGLC’s state-based coalitions to support our educational and advocacy efforts. The position will report to the Deputy National Outreach Director – Eastern Region.
At USGLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among staff, volunteers, partners, and programs.
- Assist and support Regional Field Managers and Directors in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states.
- Expand grasstop network in states by assisting in the identification and recruitment of influential business, civic, military, academic and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Support engagement of USGLC’s state networks and assist in execution of small and large education events and programs, and on-going communications.
- Schedule and organize in-district meetings with USGLC state leaders, policymakers, and candidates.
- Coordinate state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for internal and external consumption in support of field activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field preferred but not required. An equivalent amount of experience in a similar function may be substituted for educational qualifications.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a political campaign and/or issue-advocacy setting.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy effort
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, as well as organizing and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to draft language that effectively communicates complex issues to a broad audience.
- Experience with Quorum or similar databases is preferred.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically as needed.