The Communications Assistant will work across a fast-paced communications team to design, execute, and track a range of communications products – including daily news clips, fact sheets and communications material, social media content, event invitations, website content, and contacts database. The Assistant will also support the execution of regional and national events with the design and distribution of marketing material. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with outstanding attention to detail who is willing to learn new content management programs and able to multitask.
At the USGLC, we are committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among staff, volunteers, partners, and programs.
The Assistant’s primary responsibilities include:
▪ Content Support – Help draft, design, and edit communications copy and material, including reports and presentations, social media, and web content
▪ Event Marketing – Support the design and distribution of marketing content, including invitations and fliers; manage built lists and contacts databases; and utilize metrics to optimize audience building
▪ Team Tracking – Manage team’s digital metrics and media exposure, maintain media and external communications contacts lists, and support internal editorial calendar and strategic communications planning
▪ Project Support – Help implement internal and external communications strategies and projects
The ideal candidate has:
▪ 1-2 years of media and communications experience in a Congressional office, nonprofit organization, campaign, trade association, or similar environment
▪ Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
▪ Proficiency in office management software and design software such as Photoshop and InDesign
▪ Strong attention to detail and deadlines
▪ Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
▪ Creativity and innovation
▪ Above average knowledge of various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Please email cover letter, resume and two recent writing samples to [email protected]. Please reference “Communications Assistant” in the email subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a civilian-led approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.